Continuous Services for Federally Funded Projects for Miami-Dade Transit
Premiere Design Solutions, Inc (PDS) is the prime consultant on this multi-year contract for Continuous Professional A/E Services for Federally Funded Projects, to develop transit facilities funded through the Federal Transit Administration (FTA). Premiere Design Solutions, Inc. (MDT is the 14th largest public transit system in the USA, and the largest transit agency in the state of Florida.
Professional engineering services for a 6 Ductile Iron Pipe (DIP) at the Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL).
MDT operates a transportation system which consists of four major components: the Metrobus, connecting most areas of Miami-Dade County; Metrorail, an electrically powered, elevated, rapid-transit heavy rail system stretching 24.6 miles; Metromover, a 4.4-mile elevated people mover that serves the downtown central business district of Miami; Special Transportation Service (STS), designed to meet the needs of people with disabilities. Overall, MDT moves over 353,000 daily.
This project included:
- Technical and operation planning.
- Transit studies.
- Environmental impact statements.
- Fire/life/safety consulting.
- Cost estimating.
- Structural, geotechnical, industrial, electrical, systems and mechanical engineering.
- Architecture, transit and transportation planning in accordance with FTA requirements.
- Design criteria.
- Support negotiation of full funding grant agreements.
- Plan & specification reviews.
- Design of new transit facilities.
- Construction engineering and inspections.
- Value engineering.
- Project cost estimates and traffic studies.