Minor Highway Transit Enhancements for FDOT - District 4
This FDOT Minor Highway Transit Enhancements project consisted of providing ADA compliant Bus Shelters to 73 bus stops throughout the cities of Wilton Manors, Oakland Park and Pompano Beach, all located in Broward County, FL while ensuring the conditions of the bus stops to be in compliance with ADA guidelines and regulations.
We were the prime Designer in this 2.5 million Design Build Project. The project scope included civil, structural, and electrical engineering design for the bus shelters to be installed at the current locations, as well as improvements at bus stops such as landing pads, curb & gutter, drainage improvements, utility coordination, sidewalk restoration, sidewalk transitions, and amenities such as benches, trash cans, solar panels, etc.
This project included:
- Lead design engineer responsible for the design and management of the project to ensure design completion within the allowable time schedule.
- Topographic surveys in NAVD 88 and State Plane Coordinates.
- Site Grading, structural and electrical design for new bus shelters.
- Utility Coordination and relocation
- The design of the paving, grading and drainage to ensure ADA compliance.
- Processing, completion and submittal of all regulatory agency permits.
- Engineering construction inspections to oversee construction work as per design plans.